top of page

Loan Application Checklist

If you haven't already spoken with someone from our team, you may want to give us a call at 256-734-6012, or you can Apply Online anytime, day or night.


In general, the documentation you will need includes:


Property Information
(if you already have a contract on a house)


  • Purchase Agreement

  • Copy of deed, legal description, or MLS sheet

  • If you are selling your current home, copy of listing contract (or Purchase Agreement) 

  • If you have sold your current home, copy of settlement statement (HUD-1)


Income & Assets


  • Pay stubs for the last 30 days

  • For the past two years:

    • Names and addresses of each employer

    • W-2s

    • Federal Tax Returns

  • Statements for each bank (checking/savings), mutual fund, and/or investment account for the last two months
    If you have made any large deposits to your accounts:

    • Explanation and source for deposit

    • If large deposit was a gift: 

      • Signed gift letter (lender can supply)

      • Copy of gift check

      • Copy of deposit receipt

  • If you own more than 25% of a business:

    • Corporate or partnership tax returns for the last three years 

  • If self-employed:

    • Tax returns for the last 2 years (with all schedules)

    • Year-to-Date Profit and Loss Statement 

  • If you own rental property:

    • Tax returns for the last two years and current rental agreements

  • If you are retired:

    • Pension Award Letter or copy of recent monthly statement

  • If you receive Social Security:

    • Most recent Social Security Award Letter

  • If you are counting child support as income:

    • Copy of divorce settlement

    • Copy of twelve months of cancelled child support checks or other valid proof of receipt




  • Names, addresses, account numbers, balances and monthly payments on all current loans

  • Explanation of credit report anomalies, including:

    • Late payments, credit inquiries in the last 120 days, charge-offs, collections, judgments and/or liens

    • Bankruptcy filed within last seven years (bring a copy of your bankruptcy papers)





  • Photo ID and Social Security Card (or other proof of Social Security number)

  • Residence addresses for the past two years

  • If applicable, a copy of your divorce decree

  • If you are not a citizen, a copy of the front and back of your green card


  • VA Loans

    • Copy of DD Form 214, Report of Separation

    • If National Guard, Form NGB 22

    • VA Certificate of Eligibility

  • USDA Loans

    • Income & Asset Documents (see list above) for all members of the household ages 18+

bottom of page